Welcome to my website. My name is Fang Liu and I am a medical imaging research scientist at Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, the United States. I have a special interest in medical imaging with emphasis on the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). My primary research is to develop and validate rapid three-dimensional MRI techniques for musculoskeletal imaging, and to collaborate with scientists and clinicians for translating imaging research findings into effective improvement of clinical practice.
I received a Ph.D. in Medical Physics from UW-Madison in 2015, where my research focused on the development of novel quantitative MRI biomarkers to investigate human knee joint diseases. In 2011, I received a M.Sc. in Medical Biophysics from University of Western Ontario, Canada, where my research focused on the investigation of methods for automatic segmentation, identification and classification of breast tumors in multiple imaging modalities. In 2008, I received a B.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering from Sun Yat-sen University, China.
My specific research interests:
- Medical Imaging, Medical Devices
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Quantitative MRI
- MRI Pulse Sequence Design, Image Reconstruction & Analysis
- Musculoskeletal MRI, Articular Cartilage Biomarkers
- Parallel Computing, Numerical Methods, Simulation
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data